Secondary schools and further education
We welcome older students of all ages and appreciate that many mature groups come with a very clear objective in mind. We are happy to tailor the entire visit to meet specific educational requirements; research, conservation, animal care, art or any of the topics we cover in our workshop program.
The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis has frequently been used as an 'ice breaker' venue for new students just starting courses. Should this be the case, we are perfectly happy to host larger groups of any size with guided tours or talks.
Groups are welcome to bring their own packed lunch or eat in the café (but please note that large groups must pre-order their meals from the café menu). A covered picnic area and heated conservatory are available.
For groups of 16 students or more;
- Standard admission at £8 per head (under 16 years); a short keeper talk or indoor tour is included
- £9 per head (over 16); a short keeper talk or indoor tour is included
- Supervising adults free at the ratio of 1:10
- Exclusive, experienced, keeper time spent with your group, on your topic @ £40 hour (or a workshop topic available to younger children can be adapted and other topics are also available)
- Easily accessible by coach, five minutes from M6 J35 on the A6 north bound
- Free car and coach parking
- Well stocked gift shop with a varied range of animal-themed gifts, natural minerals and fossils, as well as fair trade gifts and locally produced confectionery
- Please get in touch with any questions or proposals for anything you would like your students to learn or do, or to make a booking please phone 015395 63027 or email email@example.com.