Secondary schools and further education
We welcome older students of all ages and appreciate that many mature groups come with a very clear objective in mind. We are happy to tailor the entire visit to meet specific educational requirements; research, conservation, animal care, art – or any other topic, though if extensive zoo staff time is required an additional fee would be charged.
The Lakeland Wildlife Oasis has frequently been used as an 'ice breaker' venue for new students just starting courses. Should this be the case, we are perfectly happy to host larger groups of any size through both formal and informal guided tours.
Groups are welcome to bring their own packed lunch or eat in the café (but please note that large groups must pre-order their meals from the café menu). A covered picnic area and heated conservatory are available.
- £6 per head (under 16)
- £7 per head (over 16)
- Minimum group size of 12
- Supervising adults free at the appropriate ratio
- Easily accessible by coach, five minutes from M6 J35 on the A6 north bound
- Free car and coach parking
- Well stocked gift shop with a varied range of animal-themed gifts, natural minerals and fossils, as well as fair trade gifts and locally produced confectionery
- More flexible arrangements with local schools who are considering projects involving repeated visits for small groups over longer periods
- Please get in touch with any questions or proposals, or to make a booking please phone 015395 63027 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.